- Flavored tea infused with different spices.
- Milk gives a rich and creamy texture to spiced chai.
- It is very easy to prepare in just one pot.
For Spice Mixture
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 2-3 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp nutmeg, grated or powder
- Black tea leaves or bags
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp saffron (optional)
- For better results, you can grind this mixture in a mortar or blender and store in a jar for up to a month.
- For a creamier texture, substitute 1 cup of milk with heavy or coconut cream
- Add water, ginger and spice mixture in a medium pot, wait until it starts boiling.
- Add tea leaf or bags, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 min.
- Then add milk, saffron, and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Strain it, and serve warm with cookies.
There you have it! Masala chai
Did you try it? Let me know in the comments below and share it with your friends and family #fitmomcooking