Pancakes are favorite breakfast food that provides a number of health essential nutrients but, they are very high in sugar and fat. You can make a more nutritious recipe at home by adding mashed, grated or even chopped fruits and vegetables to your pancakes.
Here I am sharing a recipe with you which is more healthy and delicious than restaurant pancakes.
- Yield: 5-6 Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
For Pancake Batter
- 2 medium brown eggs
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 medium banana (mashed)
- 1/3 cup oats flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
For making pancakes
- Coconut or olive oil cooking spray
- Add 2 Tbsp. of applesauce or any other mashed fruits for more flavor.
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Banana (sliced)
- Maple syrup, agave, or honey
- Take a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, milk, and vanilla extract, then add dry ingredients into this mixture and mix it well.
- Heat a large flat skillet or non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Spray some coconut oil and pour batter into the pan about 1/4 cup.
- Cook until the surface starts bubbling for about 3-4 mins then flip it with a flat spatula and cook until browned.
- Transfer it to a plate, add desired toppings and serve warm with healthy hot chocolate (coming soon).
Cook the pancakes carefully until firm to lift it out of the pan easily without breaking.
Did you try it? Let me know in the comments below and share it with your friends and family #fitmomcooking