Pink tea also known as “kashmiri chai” “Noon chai” or “Gulabi chai”. Pink tea usually made with a special kashmiri tea leaves, but, this tea is not easily available. There is a substitute to make this tea by using green tea leaves.
So, I am making this pink chai with an exclusive blend of China green tea leaves with a light aroma and refreshing taste.
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
For Spice Mixture
- Cardamon powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Nutmeg powder
- Star Anise or aniseed (optional)
Note: This spice mixture can be stored by adding green tea leaves in a separate airtight container for up to a month.
For Making Tea
- 1 Tbsp. Green tea leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 Tsp. saffron or baking soda
- Salt and sugar according to taste
Note: Half and half or heavy cream give this pink tea a creamy texture. But, non dairy milk or coconut cream can also be used to make this recipe vegan or healthy. Baking soda or saffron give this tea a light pronounced pink color.
- Pistachios (crushed)
- Almonds (crushed)
- Add water into a medium saucepan along with spice mixture, wait until starts boiling.
- Then add green tea leaves and let it brew for 10 mins.
- Add milk, salt, sugar, and saffron or baking soda mix it well and let it simmer on low heat until mixture starts foaming.
- Strain this tea mixture into cups and garnish it with some pistachios and almonds.
Did you try it? Let me know in the comments below and share it with your friends and family #fitmomcooking