Semolina oatmeal, a delicious, creamy, healthy, and very easy recipe to make.
I just love to eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…. or every day? not sure really! Oats are so good for you because it is an excellent source of protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. They also help lower cholesterol, reduce the chance of heart diseases.
The best part is you can create any flavor and topping according to your taste. To make the oats more creamy, use water instead of milk to avoid lumpy texture and add milk at the end. I want to make this recipe more special by adding semolina, a durum wheat for a creamier consistency and a nutty flavor.
Semolina is a better option if you are trying to lose weight because it digest slowly and help you feel fuller for longer. It is also known to strengthen the immune system, increasing bone density, nourishes your skin and so much more.
But caution, semolina contains high amount of gluten if you are avoiding gluten may be substituted with some other flour.
so let’s get to the recipe!
- Yield: 1-2 serving
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon powder
- 1 Tsp. Cardamom powder
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg powder (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Milk as required
- Banana (sliced)
- Peanut butter
- Chia or flax seeds
- Heat ghee in a medium sauce pan, then add semolina and roast it for 5 mins.
- Add oats and coconut sugar mix it well.
- Then add all the spices and water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until semolina gets thick and creamy.
- Add milk and serve hot with some peanut butter, sliced banana and Chia or flax seeds on top.
There you have it, a new and delicious way to make oatmeal!
Did you try it? Let me know in the comments below and share it with your family and friends #fitmomcooking