Frittata, an egg dish that can serve any time of the day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and take less amount of time to make.
You just need a cast iron pan to avoid sticking for a fluffy and a classical frittata. It can be served immediately or save it up for later, just reheat before eating.
The best thing about frittata is that you can add anything you want like vegetables, leftovers, meat…. and create a new version every time.
I am making chickpea frittata that is really easy to make and delicious.
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas (drain and washed)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Tsp. White pepper
- 1 Tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, cheese and spices and set it aside.
- Heat cast iron pan, melt butter over medium heat, then add garlic and saute for a min, then add onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add chickpeas and let it cook, then add egg mixture and mix it up well.
- Now put the pan in the oven for 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Top with some green chilies and cilantro and enjoy!
Did you try it? Let me know in the comments below and share it with your family and friends #fitmomcooking